Monday, February 7, 2011

Impossible Becoming Possible

I may be a Millionaire, according to Publishers Clearing House! Lest that’s what the big letter told me in the mail lately! A million dollars a year for the rest of my life, and all my cares are washed away in a stream of paperwork and CPA audits. Wouldn’t that be wonderful to have that big van of people show up on your doorstep early in the morning before you’re showered or dressed? National TV camera waiting at the ready for you to answer the door, all the while your heading to the door ready to unload on, what you think is a dude who is trying to use a tissue box to open an opportunity to sell you a bottle of remarkable satin remover and a vacuum that is so powerful it will suck the air out of your house.


You open the door, and BOOM! Your life is transformed. Wouldn’t that be wonderful? I will be the first to admit that I fantasize about that situation. All the dreams of opening a Bistro would finally come true. Our dreams of traveling the world and experiencing culture and food would be a reality. Our children wouldn’t have to be limited on education choices. Our retirement would become instantaneous.

*END DREAM* Enter reality!



Statistics for winning the PCH is the following: 1 in 1,505,000,000

I have to laugh, because deep down, like every other person in the US, I think I’m that one! I think it’s important to have that little child like faith in the impossible. It’s funny because deep down I really do believe in the impossible. I see it happen all over the world day after day. I see people who should not have survived, survive! I see people beat the odds financially. I see people cured from cancer when just a few months ago the Doctor deemed them terminal. The imposable is possible.

My father played the California lotto religiously, buying his ticket every week right up to the time when Prostate cancer killed him. He believed in the impossible. He once told me this, “We adopted you and your sister, even though at that time adoption seemed impossible. But it happened. It happened twice, once with your sister, then again with you.”

I once believed I would never find someone to marry. I just didn’t think that person I dreamed about existed. Well, I was wrong. I’ve been happily married for 13 years and have two children. Once again the impossible became the possible.

Dreaming is good. Realizing your dream is good as well. Keep yourself attached to reality and let it bookmark your path in this world. I think the great people of the world had those impossible dreams, and many of them made those dreams reality against all the odds.

So I leave you with this thought. If it seems impossible to do, do it. Your dreams may become the possible.



Finito!

No comments: